Photo Editor/Graphic Designer
TECHNICAL DESIGNER – MENSWEAR
What You’ll Do
- Technical Designer articulates creative design and fit elements into technical spec sheets from the initial phase of block development, stages of fit execution to final fit approvals.
- We are looking for a professional with trained eyes and who can identify fit issues; understand shape, fabric drape, and garment proportions; provide effective fit solutions; and drive approval process.
- Your role is vital in achieving high quality design aesthetics. An ideal technical designer is a champion in sustaining fit consistency and maintaining product quality standards across all product categories.
- Your experience in product quality is an asset. We want you to deliver and maintain premium clothing workmanship that includes knowledge in stitching, seaming, and fusing technology.
- The ideal candidate can exhibit agility to support ongoing brand innovation and to remain competitive. Your experience in benchmark and research analysis to elevate existing standards and develop new fit directions adds value.
What You Need
- Degree in apparel/fashion with a minimum 5+ year of Technical Design experience, preferably in Menswear.
- Proactive and able to identify and communicate fit issues; and provide directive solutions while maintaining design integrity.
- Excellent proficiency to develop and maintain spec sheets, measurement charts, sizing algorithm, and grading.
- Experience with both knit and woven fabrics – tops and bottoms product categories.
- Lead fit sessions on fit form and ‘live’ fit model in a group setting, and virtually with the factories.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, Adobe Suites (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop), WeChat and Zoom.
- Experience in product creation process and T&A Calendar, time-sensitive and able to multi-task priorities to sustain final deliveries.
- Entrepreneurial driven and must have excellent interpersonal skills in communication, in writing, in person, and with a diversified team, digitally and virtually.
- Laser focus and strong follow through - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects.
- Dynamic and collaborative to partner with internal teams (with Designers, Developers, Merchandising, Marketing and Customer Service) and external teams (with Factories and QC).
PHOTO EDITOR/ GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Are you looking to work with a hyper growth company and have photo editing and graphic design experience in fashion? Buttercloth®, “The World’s Most Comfortable Shirt” appeared on Shark Tank and made a deal with Robert Herjavec. Now we are one of the fastest growing men’s fashion brands. At Buttercloth we attribute much of our success to the strength of our design and marketing teams. To build on this momentum we are searching for a talented graphic designer with experience in eCommerce photo editing in the fashion industry. You will help in the development of graphics and imagery for our website, as well as other digital marketing collateral. You will be joining an extremely fast-paced team of passionate and energetic creative individuals as we work to grow the brand globally. The ideal candidate will be a highly energetic self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind who understands the brand aesthetic and the Buttercloth customer. Must have a strong background working with Illustrator and be especially proficient in PhotoShop.
What You’ll Do
- Strong in photo editing and manipulation (preferably men’s fashion)
- Develop fresh graphics to keep our website relevant
- Create content for digital marketing and social platforms
- Conceptualize internal and external marketing materials
- Assist our designers in the development of new fabric patterns
- Assist with photoshoot
- A passion for fashion, photography and graphic design
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree in Graphic Design or related field
- A minimum of 2-5 years of relevant design experience with premium clothing brands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong follow through - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Team oriented
- High Level of Proficiency in PhotoShop is a Must
- Proficiency in Illustrator and Acrobat
- Strong retouching skills
Send resume and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org